All decorations and materials must follow Environmental Health and Safety regulations. Event and Venue Management does not supply decorations to clients. If any damage occurs to surfaces and/or excessive cleaning is required, the client may be assessed a fee.
- Decorations must not block exits or fire safety equipment.
- Keep lighting equipment (especially high intensity) and other heat sources away from decorations.
- Only use materials that are Class "A" rated or UL listed for flame retardant in decorations, theatrical scenery.
- Decorations should be removed immediately after the event.
- Do not cover overhead pipes or sprinkler heads
- Tape, staples, tacks, nails, pins and hooks (painter’s tape is acceptable in some venues)
- Glitter, confetti or water filled items
- Decoration that may pose a fire hazard
- Open flamed candles
- Balloons not permitted in most indoor venues on campus. Please contact Event and Venue Management for additional information
- No balloons allowed in the Convocation Center
- Portable helium tanks must be disposed of properly