For internal events, please submit a Convocation Center Request form to request space for your event.
About KSU Convocation Center
The Kennesaw State Convocation Center is the largest facility on Kennesaw State’s Campus. The 3,866-seat arena opened in 2005 and is home to the Owls men's and women's basketball teams, the volleyball team, the Athletic department's administrative offices and the Health Promotion and Physical Education administrative offices.
Located on the Kennesaw State campus across from Kennesaw Hall and the campus green, this spacious facility can accommodate fans for concerts, seminars and other entertainment and business events. The facility has hosted numerous events including athletic competitions, competitive cheer events, youth camps, tennis events, college and high school commencements and many other academic gatherings.
The Convocation Center underwent many updates in the summer of 2012, including a Daktronics video wall. The facility also features the Hospitality Suite that is located on the third floor of the venue and can serve as a VIP suite. The Suite is currently used for various donor events on game nights or other VIP events as needed.
Things to Know
- The Convocation Center is available upon request, however availability is based on athletic events including volleyball & basketball season.
- The arena does not come pre-set. All items for an event must be rented.
- The arena basketball floor must be covered for all events (requires a minimum of 4 hours to cover the floor and 4 hours to remove).
- Requests for the Convocation Center Arena floor should be made three to six months in advance of the desired event date.
- All Convocation Center classrooms are used for KSU academic program delivery. Requests where disruption of academic programs would occur will be subject to approval.
- University Events will evaluate the request to check for scheduling conflicts and feasibility.
- If the event is approved, University Events will send a confirmation along with any expected costs to the requester.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks processing time.
Directions and Parking
Address to the Convocation Center:
590 Cobb Ave NW Kennesaw, GA 30144
Parking location and directions vary based on event. Parking charges may apply.
Handicapped Parking: Designated parking for those with special needs is available in all campus parking areas. Patrons must display the required handicapped-parking permit.
Security has the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of safety.
Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering the venue and will not be accepted by employees. There will be no place offered to store any of these items.
- Animals (except service animals)
- Artificial noisemakers (including air horns, whistles, etc.)
- Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, all forms of smokeless tobacco, clove cigarettes and any other smoking devices that use tobacco such as hookahs or simulate the use of tobacco such as electronic cigarettes
- Costumes with face masks
- Fireworks of any kind (including smoke bombs and flares)
- Flags on poles
- Illegal drugs or chemicals
- Laser pointers
- Signs on sticks
- Signs that block the view of others
- Skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, roller shoes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. knives (including pocket knives), pepper spray, stun-guns, slingshots, concealed weapons, firearms, etc.)
Questions and Contact Information
If you have questions regarding events at the Convocation Center, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 470-578-6252.